All abhyasis are encouraged to begin learning NVC – in their own country, in their own language – either independently, with friends, or together as a center. Here are some options for how you can begin:
- Attend Workshops and Trainings held by NVC trainers, which are offered in many places and countries. To find one near you, research online, or go to the NVC global website for local trainer listings.
- Take Online courses, for example at the NVC Academy:
- Read Books: There are plenty of books by Marshall B. Rosenberg and other NVC trainers. These can be purchased in bookstores and online. Group discounts are available at publisher: in USA, Puddle Dancer Press; in India, Banyan Tree Books. We recommend:
- Nonviolent Communication – a Language of Life (M.B. Rosenberg)
- Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook (Lucy Leu)
- Watch on YouTube: Free videos of Marshall Rosenberg as he is training people in NVC. Some are short introductions, others cover complete workshops of several hours. Basics of Nonviolent Communication – playlist with 10 minute segments.
- HFN Centers and sitting groups can form study circles, that meet regularly to discuss each member’s understanding of key concepts and principles and how these can be applied. The study group can work with the same books, online courses, or YouTube videos listed above.